26-0831P_EXPECTANCY
Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
Job 14:1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.
EXPECTANCY_ OWENSBORO.KY SUNDAY_ 53-1108E
E-8 And that's the way tonight. Many
of you here may seem like that your time of deliverance is way away. But
sometime when it seems the farthest away, and the darkest of hour, that's when
you receive help from God. There's an old God dishonoring proverb which says,
"God helps those who help themself." That's an error. God helps those who can't help themself. If you could help yourself, you
wouldn't need God's help. But God has mercy
on those who cannot help themself.
And Simeon, he wasn't ashamed of his testimony. Why? Because the Holy
Spirit told him so.
Now, if I wanted to base the thought here for a few moments, which I
will for just a moment, I'm going to take the word: "Expectancy."
And usually a person gets what you expect. Many people comes to
meetings, they go to church. Say, "Why, I didn't see nothing. I didn't
expect to see anything in the first place." That's the reason you didn't
see nothing. "I didn't get helped. I didn't expect to." You usually
get what you expect to get. If you come to the service and you're expecting to
find something to criticize, a religious service, Satan will be sure that you
see it. He will show you something that you can go away and criticize the
meeting.
EXPECTANCY_ OWENSBORO.KY SUNDAY_ 53-1108E
E-9 And if you come expecting to get help from God, God will
meet your expectancy. He
always does. Wherever you go, whatever
you do, what you expect brings your faith. If you come saying, "Well, there's nothing to
it," that's just the way you'll go back home, with nothing to it. If you
come tonight saying, "Well, if I don't get prayed for, I'll go home and
won't be healed," that's just the way you'll go. If you come here tonight saying, "I come for one
sole purpose, that is to contact Christ for my body or my soul," you'll go
home just as happy as you can be, for you'll contact Him.
Now, no matter what the
opposition looks like, Christ is the answer. Faith brings Christ. Notice, could you remember? Eighty
years old, white beard, white hair, and yet the old man went around telling
people that he wasn't going to die until he seen the Lord's Christ. What a
beautiful picture of faith.
Faith knows no defeat. Faith is perfect. Faith brings things when there is no things to be brought. Faith creates. Faith takes doubt away, takes negative and makes positive. How beautiful. The old man had a basis for faith. Faith is not mythical, something mentally worked up, it's an absolutely, fundamental result that happens in a persons heart. When faith is appropriated, then it is something in the person's heart. But it can't be based on, say, "Well, go touch a tree and you'll get well," or--or, "Pray to the--the post." It's got to have a foundation.
*EXPECTATIONS USUALLY IS
BASED UPON A FAITH. YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH BEFORE YOU CAN EXPECT ANYTHING.
EXPECTATION_ TUCSON.AZ SUNDAY_ 61-0205M
E-14 .....I'm going to use a subject of "Expectation." Expectations
usually is based upon a faith. You have to have faith before you can expect
anything. And now, like many of the servants of God in the Old Testament...
Faith cometh by hearing, hearing of the Word.
2Th 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
Psa 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
Psa 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
Psa 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psa 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Psa 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Pro 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
Pro 8:35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
Pro 8:36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Psa 59:9 Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
Psa 59:10 The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.

No comments:
Post a Comment