Monday, September 7, 2026

26-0907P_EXPECTANCY PT-2

 

26-0907P_EXPECTANCY PT-2


Luk 2:26  And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 

Psa 5:7  But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. 
Psa 5:8  Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. 



Psa 25:4  Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. 
Psa 25:5  Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. 
Psa 25:6  Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old. 
Psa 25:7  Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD. 
Psa 25:8  Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way. 


*BUT IF YOU COME EXPECTING GOD TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU, HE'LL DO IT. 

EXPECTANCY_  BATTLE.CREEK.MI  SUNDAY_  52-0817A

  E-12    ...Did you ever expect something? Usually, you get just what you expect. Did you know that? If you come to the meeting and would say, "Well, I'm going down there. There's nothing to it." Well, that's just what you'll get out of it. If you'd get down there and say, "Well, I--I'll go down there; but there's no need of me going because I--I ain't going to get healed," well, that's just the way you'll go back. But if you come expecting God to do something for you, He'll do it. If you expect to find something to criticize the meeting, criticize the way it's conducted, Satan will show you plenty of it. You'll find plenty. But if you come, not to criticize the meeting, you've come, saying, "God, I want to see where You are in it," God will show you Himself in it. Just whatever you expect, God will give it to you. It's your expectancy.

 

*IF THE HOLY SPIRIT HADN'T BROUGHT YOU HERE AND YOU'D BE OUT SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD.

THE.DEEP.CALLETH.TO.THE.DEEP_  WASHINGTON.DC  THURSDAY_  54-0624

  E-12    Yes, He's here tonight. He is risen from the dead. He's given you the promise; the Holy Spirit's drawed you together. If you wasn't here tonight... If the Holy Spirit hadn't brought you here and you'd be out somewhere in the world. But you're setting here in this hot building, fanning, because why? You're expecting to see Jesus Christ come on the scene and confirm His Word: expectations.

THE.DEEP.CALLETH.TO.THE.DEEP_  WASHINGTON.DC  THURSDAY_  54-0624

  E-13    If you expect to come just to find something to criticize, the devil will sure show you plenty to criticize. He certainly will. You get what you expect. Some of them say, "Well now, if I... If I don't get it from the prayer line... If I see something like this then I'll believe." You'll get what you expect.

I'm expecting tonight to see the Holy Spirit come and manifest Hisself in power, pour out His glory upon this building here, many receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, sinners weep their way to Calvary, sick be healed, all manners of signs and wonders because Jesus Christ has promised it. And I believe His promise.

*GOD'S WORD TELLS US WHAT WE CAN EXPECT. JESUS.CHRIST.THE.SAME.YESTERDAY.TODAY.AND.FOREVER_  TUCSON.AZ  SUNDAY_  61-0205E

  E-25    There was a question asked here in the Scripture, and this morning I left off speaking on the word of "expectation," to expect... Now, I trust that you took it home with you, and searched through the Scriptures to find out what to expect. God's Word tells us what we can expect. And if we receive this Word without any doubt mixed into it, we will receive what we come for. But if you go away saying, "Well now, just as expected, I..." Well, you won't see a thing. But if you come expecting to see the Lord Jesus manifest Hisself amongst the people, you'll go away satisfied. You certainly will. You'll know that something happened.

But if you say, "Well, I... just as I expected, just another, oh, an evangelist standing up speaking," and that--then that's what--all you'll get. You usually get what you're looking for.

So open up your heart tonight, and take down the umbrella, and just, oh, just receive God in your heart.....

*IT'S POSITIVE. YOU HAVE TO HIT THE SPOT IF YOU'LL TAKE HIS WORD, BELIEVE IT.

EXPECTATION_  TUCSON.AZ  SUNDAY_  61-0205M

  E-21    And if God made a decision in the beginning that on faith, if we believed His Word, He would make every promise come true, then God still is the infinite God to His promises. Cannot fail. It must be that way. It's positive. You have to hit the spot if you'll take His Word, believe it.

...If He give the one the Holy Ghost that obeyed Him, in the Bible, exactly as He promised there in Acts... He said, "The promise is unto you and your children, them that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." If a man meets those qualifications, God's obligated by His Word to fill him with the Holy Ghost. Because if He didn't, then He made a mistake. And if God made a mistake, He's a man and not a, and not God, then He's finite, like we are. So you see, as Abraham's children we take God's promise and just hold onto it. No matter what takes place, we hold right there just the same, because God said so and that settles it.

 

*THAT'S THE WAY WITH CHRISTIANS TODAY. THEY FAIL TO EXAMINE THE PROMISES OF GOD AND SEE THEY'RE TO "WHOSOEVER WILL, LET HIM COME." 

EXPECTATION_  TUCSON.AZ  SUNDAY_  61-0205M

  E-23  ..... If a church, a people, ever comes to a place where they completely separate themselves from the things of the world, then you can look through every promise in the Bible. It's all yours.

It's like a great big arcade. By one Spirit we're baptized into an arcade. Some people just come into the arcade by the Holy Ghost baptism, say, "Well, thank the Lord, I got in. Thank the Lord, I'm here."

That isn't it. To me... what did God say to Abraham? "Get up and look all through the land. It all belongs to you." That's the way, when I come into Christ, I wanted to look around. Not just know He saved me, but what else have I got in there? If somebody give me a big arcade and I went into it, I'd like to examine the thing, see what I got. That's the way with Christians today. They fail to examine the promises of God and see they're to "whosoever will, let him come." I found something a little high, I'd get me a stepladder and get up to it, look on the shelves and see what belongs to me.

*WHEN A MAN'S FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, GOD GIVES HIM A CHECKBOOK WITH JESUS' NAME WROTE ON THE BOTTOM OF IT. SEND IT IN.

EXPECTATION_  TUCSON.AZ  SUNDAY_  61-0205M

  E-24    You Christians sometimes don't examine, find out what belongs to you. Healing's yours, salvation's yours, joy is yours, peace... every promise in the Bible is yours. When a man's filled with the Holy Spirit, God gives him a checkbook with Jesus' name wrote on the bottom of it. Send it in. Don't be afraid to write it out. Send it in, and He will send down His bountiful blessings upon you of what He promised.

*...LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD. BE EXPECTING IT.

LEADING.OF.THE.SPIRIT.OF.GOD_  CAMPBELLSVILLE.KY  SUNDAY_  55-0807E

  E-16    .....All right, led by the Spirit of God. Be expecting it. Simeon was expecting God to keep His Word. Abraham was expecting God to keep His Word. David was expecting God to keep His Word when he met the giant. Samson was expecting God to keep His Word when he laid his arms around the pole. Samson was expecting God to keep His Word when he picked up a jaw bone of a mule and beat down a thousand Philistines. The Hebrew children was expecting God to keep His Word when they walked into the fiery furnace. Daniel was expecting God to keep His Word when he went in among the lions. The woman that touched the hem of His garment was expecting God to keep His Word. Martha was expecting God to keep His Word when He said, "I am the Resurrection and Life."

*AND THAT'S THE ONLY HOPE THAT WE HAVE, THE ONLY SUBSTANTIAL HOPE THAT WE HAVE, IS ON THE WORD OF GOD.

EXPECTATION_  TUCSON.AZ  SUNDAY_  61-0205M

  E-15    And I've often quoted this, that God is obligated to His Word. I like to read just a word or two of It, because what I say will fail, because I'm man, but His Word cannot fail because it's God. What... God is ever called on the scene at any time to make a decision... And the first decision God makes has to be the same decision every time.

Now, there's where you must solemnly base your faith, on THUS SAITH THE LORD. You must believe it, that it's God's Word. And that's the only hope that we have, the only substantial hope that we have, is on the Word of God. And now, God being infinite, and cannot make a mistake, and He's perfect, therefore, all of His... all of His promises must be perfect as He is perfect. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God... And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us." the Word itself. So therefore, the Bible is the Word of God. It is God Himself placed upon paper.

For no man is any better than his word. If I can't take a man's word, I just can't have any dealings with him. He must be honest, he must be truthful, and especially as he professes to be a Christian.

Rom 3:1  What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 
Rom 3:2  Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 
Rom 3:3  For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 
Rom 3:4  God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. 
Psa 37:7  Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. 
Psa 37:8  Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. 
Psa 37:9  For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. 
Psa 37:10  For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. 
Psa 37:11  But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace


No comments:

Post a Comment

26-0907P_EXPECTANCY PT-2

  26-0907P_EXPECTANCY PT-2 Luk 2:26  And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lo...